Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes is good product for wargaming with a warband, with a few flaws. For this review, I skipped playing with the rules for Magic. It is almost a 5 star review, I gave a 4 star critic to aknowledge the room for improvement.
- the Turn Over AND the Reaction mecanisms, which are quite good, and gives everyone a thrilling feeling of uncertainty
- the Fight resolution system, which is simple and yet allow for many possibilities on the battlefield. It is quite easy to figure out what is going on
- The Traits list is complete and will cover must of Fantasy Warband wargaming, though if you use too much of them, you may have some extra complexity and slow down your game
- a lack of polishing in the final product. Some Traits mentioned in the document are not described in it (ex : Headbutt)
- the Cost for Traits is not mentioned in the document, yet it is available, in a separate document, and in a html warband calculator
- the separate html calculator IS available and useful, but it mentions several traits as present in ASOBH which are not indeed
I played with a 7 years old kid, keeping only a few Traits and no Magic, and it went smoothly. We had a good play.